Rock Paper Scissors Contest
Join us at House of Rock for our annual Rock Paper Scissors Tournament on May 22nd at 9:30 PM! It is FREE to enter. One winner will receive a free pair of tickets to every House of Rock show for one year!
Official Rock Paper Scissors Tournament Rules
Rock Paper Scissors is played between two players – male or female. It’s an equal opportunity sport. No equipment is necessary. All you need is an arm, and a wrist, and fingers.
1. It is the responsibility of the Player to be at the designated competition area when called by the presiding official. Any violation results in automatic disqualification.
2. The only acceptable throws are Rock, Paper and Scissors and they are judged as follows:
• Rock blunts or breaks scissors: that is, rock defeats scissors.
• Scissors cut paper: scissors defeats paper.
• Paper covers, sands or captures rock: paper defeats rock.
3. Two pumps and shoot. (i.e., 1, 2, shoot) is required for eligible game play.
4. There will be a sequence of rounds in which each pair of participants has three attempts to win that round; best two out of three. Once one participant is eliminated, the winning opponent will move onto the next round.
5. In the event of a false start, the participant will be allowed one do-over. If a second false start proceeds then the participant loses that round at the official’s discretion.
6. Players in transgression of the rules of play may (at the discretion of the presiding official) be required to withdraw from the competition and will be ineligible for titles or prizes.
7. One winner will receive one year’s worth of free tickets to House of Rock, excluding fundraisers and reserved seats.